This is a good fact to know and my parents taught me of this fact. Growing up I tended to think of how India had a history of watching its great jewels stolen by others, allow me to list a few:
- The Hope Diamond - the British
- Freddie Mercury - also the British
- Zero - Arabs, the founders of Arabic numerals
The reason: Everyday at 2pm my mom sends me 10-12 chain emails that have the following subject lines :
- FW: INDIA IS GREAT!!! 17 REASONS WHY!
- 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD...FROM INDIA!!!!
- FW: SITAR THE TRUE ROCK INSTRUMENT
- FW: KASHMIR BELONGS TO INDIA!!!!
- WHY SHAH RUKH KHAN IS MORE POPULAR THAN GEORGE CLOONEY
- FW: DHARMENDRA!!!
- FW: INDIA NUMBER 1, forward to 10 people for GOOD LUCK!!!
[to the Top of the Blog!]