Tuesday, August 4, 2009

wanna get away?

Here's a gem from Bloomberg News:
U.S. actor Ryan O'Neal says he didn't recognize his estranged daughter, Tatum, and tried to flirt with her at his ex-girlfriend Farrah Fawcett's funeral.

"I had just put the casket in the hearse and I was watching it drive away when
a beautiful blonde woman comes up and embraces me," the New York Daily News
quoted Ryan O'Neal as telling Vanity Fair for its upcoming issue.

"I said to her: 'You have a drink on you? You have a car?' She said, 'Daddy, it's me --
Tatum!' I was just trying to be funny with a strange Swedish woman, and it's my
daughter. It's so sick."
This is just jacked up on so many levels. Where to begin? Let's see: not recognizing your own daughter, pulling a Wedding Crasher-esque moment by Funeral Crashing, hitting on your daughter, admitting it in a magazine...

Now most normal blogs would sorta leave the story at that... I mean what more can you add? But alas this is why you come here... what I find to be pretty funny is that this article appeared in Bloomberg Magazine which quoted the United Press International which quoted the New York Daily News which quoted Vanity Fair.

So let's see, if I was writing a college dissertation and had to reference my quote it would look something like this:

"You have a drink on you?" - Ryan O'Neil*
[*Ryan flirted with Tatum at Farrah funeral. In Bloomberg Magazine, August 3, 2009. As in UPI, August 3, 2009. As in The New York Daily News, August 3, 2009. As in Vanity Fair, August 2009.]

Okay so it's not exactly the Chicago Manual of Style...but it's funny. Sorta.

[to the Top of the Blog!]

No comments: