Saturday, August 8, 2009

PODCAST: DJ Shakes_2009-08-09 (Drums, Echoes, & Bass)

PODCAST ME:
Simply drag the orange podcast icon on the top left of this page into your iTunes. Or:

1. goto iTunes
2. click on Advanced
3. click on Subscribe to Podcast:
4. paste this URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/EngineEngine9


T R A C K L IS T I N G (approx 43 minutes)
http://hbshakes.blogspot.com
theme: Drums, Echoes, & Bass

[0:00] Bjork - I Go Humble (live)
[3:59] Miike Snow - Burial
[6:55] Miike Snow - Burial (DJ Mehdi Remix)
[8:33] Discovery - Osaka Loop Line
[10:40] David Tort - Acid (Lost in Ausfahrt Mix)
[13:50] Little Boots - Stuck on Repeat
[16:53] Depeche Mode - Useless (K&D Sessions Mix)
[20:58] Black Uhuru - Boof N' Baff N' Biff
[24:23] Desmond Dekker - The Israelites
[26:50] Gaudi vs. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Kahin Mot Se Bhi Na Jao
[32:16] Bally Sagoo - Tum Bin Jiya
[36:14] Howie B - Baby Sweetcorn (Come Here)
[40:17] Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach your Boyfriend How to Dance with you

.
It started out as being my "future music mix" - whatever that means - and then it just started to flow. The theme of "Drums, Echos, & Bass" is done in the spirit of many of my high school essays.... do all the writing and then try to figure out what my thesis was after the fact.

Pop quiz: Which reggae song was the first to break the Top 10 of the US charts? Let's see...was it by Bob Marley? Peter Tosh? Nopes. It's Desmond Dekker's "The Israelites" at the 24 minutes mark. God bless music education.


[to the Top of the Blog!]

1 comment:

Samosas for One said...

Seeing this makes me sad that my laptop is currently defunct and thus I have no iTunes access and cannot load your new mix. :(