Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I hate Jane Austen

There's only one thing in the world that I hate more than racism and that's Jane Austen. Jane Austen is the worst. All her books are the exact same. There are three girls who live in the olden days, an elder girl eligible to marry, a more attractive middle girl, and the mischievous younger sister.

As it always turns out the middle sister meets a boy first...someone originally slated for the eldest girl and after confusion and several chapters of introspection the eldest girls meets a curious gentlemen and all ends well.

How lovely. It's one thing if Jane had one book like that but I mean every book is like that. Geez. I mean she should've branched out or something, written about magical closets that lead to animal worlds, or perhaps a screenplay for Diehard like movie that was set in the early 1800s.

All of this would've been good stuff and more than welcome.

Instead we get her babble... until now. From the author that brought us "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" comes the epic modern classic...."Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters."

This type of re-working should be done to all of Jane Austen's books. All of them. Even her autobiography.


[to the Top of the Blog!]

1 comment:

Samosas for One said...

Thank God someone voiced my opinion. I can't tell you HOW MANY of my friends (men and women) love her though...I don't get it. Someone I know who works for a lit agency is actually looking for someone to author one of these Jane Austen Zombie books. Interested?