Wednesday, May 6, 2009

voicemail from "Loren" the tabla teacher

My voicemail this evening from the dude who is supposed to come to my place and give a tabla lesson:
"Hello Shakes this Loren....um today....I don't think it's going to be possible. I'm really sorry man. My whole schedule got out of walk. My Guruji came in from India so you know....everything is all messed up. Why don't you give me a call back at XXX-XXX-XXXX and we can setup next Wednesday. If you want to do anytime before that I'll try to fit you in.... I'm really sorry. Man."
Wait, what? His Guruji unexpectedly came from India? Who gives an excuse like that...I know, "Loren" the tabla master.

This is the same dude who upon hearing my voicemail for the first time two weeks ago (where I currently instruct callers to leave the name of their favorite 80s song) he decided to a human beatbox performance for like 20 seconds. Sketchy. Real sketchy.

[to the Top of the Blog!]

No comments: