Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I have become my mom

Mark it in the books, on Tuesday I officially went to The Container Store under my own volition by myself for the first time in my life.

A store which had been the bane of my shopping existence for some many years.

A store that doesn't contain stuff to use, but rather stuff to hold things you can buy from real stores.

The Container Store is sorta a shell of a store. It has no soul like my 6th grade social studies teacher. Instead it has just aisles and aisles of ....containers. And there I was, walking into it to buy 17 orange cubicle containers. Woe is me.

I am but a man. Flawed and imperfect, I am but a man.

[to the Top of the Blog!]

2 comments:

debonairdebacles said...

Moms don't shop at the Container Store, they use empty yogurt containers.

Shakes said...

this is fantastic, and so f'n true. mom never found a bad yogurt container. never