So with that I caught an early train to Boston to watch the bash-fest known as one of hockey's top rivalries...the Bruins and Montreal. And anyone knows that there's nothing that makes me happier than watching the Canadians lose based on THIS or THIS.
While the Bruins squandered a 3-1 lead, they won in 5-4 in OT.
Favorite parts of the game:
- People yelling at the boatloads of Canadian fans who made the road trip
- The crazy guy next to me (pictured in the jersey here) who professed his love in a manly way for Bruin goalie Tim Thomas after every save
- Groups of Bruins fans trying to make-up to the female Canadians' fans they berated earlier after the sobbering post-game realization that most of them were girls....and well, their Bruin brethren were, um, guys.
The numerous Canadian fans cheered "Go! Habs! Go!" over and over and over again...where "Habs" refers to les habitants...the name given to the original settlers of the area known as Montreal now. Banal history lessons aside, I happily turned it into "Go! Back! Home!" which had several unique characteristics:
- it followed a similar cadence to "Go! Habs! Go!" chant
- it won over a few people who also chanted it
- has a funny bit of irony as here I was, a person visiting Boston, telling other visitors to go home
Classy. Real classy.
Let's just say we didn't exchange info and add each other as friends on Facebooks. I'm guessing his typical experience with computers is something like THIS
[to the Top of the Blog!]