Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Kenneth Cole is not a philospher

I hate the stupid quotes on the front of Kenneth Cole stores. You know the quotes the ones that say nonsense like "You can change an outfit, you can outfit change, or both" or "Try walking a day in someone else's shoes, but get the right size."

I hate the fact that it's a pathetic attempt to seem edge, trendy, and so witty....except they're not. They're stupid. And, for that matter, has anyone pointed out that a lot of clothes at Kenneth Cole are nonsense and there shoes fall apart.

I'm not saying that I'm so contrarian and hardcore that I don't shop there. But I gotta say, everytime I walk through their doors I feel a little bit of my soul die. Sorta the opposite feeling of walking into a Banana Republic or eating a Pretzel Hot Dog from Wetzel's Pretzels.

1 comment:

ZenDenizen said...

Really? Kenneth Cole is ok but I feel like I have way too much color to shop at Banana Republic.