Tuesday, May 27, 2008

humidity, summer is back, & my thumb

Every year life in New York is normal and sorta cold and then one day...BLAMMO.... God hits the humidity button and summer arrives.

Today summer arrived in the middle of the day. The other telltale sign of summer/humidity arriving is that the subway becomes smelly and sweaty. Ahh the sights, sounds, and smells of summer in the City!

I discovered this taking the train to Union Square on my way for an MRI of my hand (tore a ligament). I have never broken a bone in my body before nor had surgery (yet), so I've gotta say that the MRI machine was pretty weird.

It felt cool for about two seconds sitting sitting inside the huge thingy, but it weirded the shit out of me when the nurse guy gave me ear plugs to wear.

The machine is fuckin' loud and it makes noises that sorta sounds like parts of disc 1 on the Pumpkin's "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness"....particularly the guitars in "An Ode to No One"

Results are due next Monday, what fun. At least my immobilized right hand adventures can get some closure..

No comments: