Thursday, March 13, 2008

in secrets we trust

Right now the House is holding a secret, closed door meeting right now. It is their first closed door meeting in over 25 years. And what are they meeting about you ask? Federal surveillance laws.

Ironic, no?

The government is debating in private whether they can invade people's privacy. House Republicans requested the secret section.

The quote of the day from Rep. David Obey a Wisconsin Democrat who also took part in two previous secret sessions in 1979 and 1980, "And I think the great utility of having another one, given the mumbo-jumbo I heard in the last three, is to demonstrate the almost total uselessness of secret sessions."

2 comments:

TV Digital said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. Um. Please blog. Thanks.