Sunday, February 3, 2008

Start Spreading the News...

the Empire State building isn't the only Big Blue on top today....
One the eve of Super Bowl XXI (and 3 days after my 9th birthday) between the Giants and Broncos in 1987 my family and I went to the hotel the Giants were staying at in Costa Mesa on Saturday night. None of the Giants players were to be found and the only celebrity spotting was the alleged spotting of Jumbo Elliot's family. While milling about in the lobby a hotel lady came up to me and said "here's a Coke, courtesy of the New York Giants!"

I love Coke. Good thing she didn't say Pepsi. Needless to say I rooted for the Giants and the won. Coincidence? I think not.

That is my Giants story. I ain't saying that they're my favorite team (go Vikings), but I am saying that things I cheer for have been to known to be successful and win Super Bowls or Spelling Bees on occasion.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Do you drink Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
ANSWER THE POLL and you could receive a prepaid VISA gift card!