Monday, December 3, 2007

i saw mommy kissing Santa Claus

Sometimes life has these moments when you see something you've seen a million times before but finally notice something exceptionally different. For example I remember the first time I looked at the Hartford Whalers logo and realized that the space between the whale tail and the W made an "H" for Hartford. Too bad they moved to North Carolina.

On a similar note I was walking through Macy's when I heard "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause." Of all the Christmas songs, this may be my least favorite. I mean basically some poor girl stumbles down the stairs and discovers her mom shagging Santa. This is terrible. Meanwhile the poor dad is sleeping upstairs.

This is not a sweet Christmas song; this is a story of a family on the verge of a meltdown....

...and then while strolling through the belt section (I had left my black belt at home in LA) I realized that the line "Oh what a laugh it would have been if daddy had only seen, mommy kissing Santa Clause last night" is pretty bizarro. How can this girl be so happy go lucky?


Then it hit. It was an epiphany. A sudden realization. A moment of clarity. Mommy wasn't hooking up with Santa while the dad was sleeping...Dad was Santa! Who would've thunk?

That little girl couldn't even recognize her own dad! How stupid. Que lastima!

1 comment:

The Grouch said...

shakes,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJI-o4xXSRg