Friday, November 2, 2007

things that would suck #523: dying

I was walking out of work this evening and I nearly got hit by a car. This would've been terrible because it's Friday. It would suck to get hit by a car on a Friday. Don't get me wrong, but getting hit, shot, beaten, or attacked by rabid squirrels is not a good thing by any stretch of the imagination. But if it's going to happen at least make it a Monday. Friday is like the reward for struggling through 5 days of needing to be a productive member of society.

It's those five days of pain which give me every right to actually live my life for the remaining two days. Getting smacked by a Ford Taurus would not only be bad for me, but it's a bad statement that Karma is making to society at large. I mean if I'm gonna work hard and still eat pavement, then what's supposed to motivate those lucky enough to make it through to Monday?

You might as well give a half-ass effort during the week because you gonna be a human hood ornament. That's just poor form by Fate.

But alas do not fear, I lived.

1 comment:

The Grouch said...

if you didn't manage to whip out your camera and take a picture - of the ugly-assed Tuaras or the driver- to further the jouranlistic cause: it must have really been a close one

I have come to learn that Karma can be a fickle bitch just before Diwali.

Watch out!