Saturday, September 15, 2007

turn off the bright lights... Interpol @ MSG

Openers: Liars, Catpower...

Although honestly Interpol isn't big enough yet to fill up MSG, few bands really are (although they got sorta close). Well I guess any 80s band doing a reunion tour through NY can probably do it...but still. Not only did they play a banging show that was near the top of my list of live shows that I've seen of theirs, but equally important was the commitment shared by my beloved foursome of concertgoers to engage in the timeless tradition that all people who are stuck in lower Midtown Manhattan late at night partake in (besides Kati Roll)...oh yes...Korean BBQ. It's on bitches. Or as they call it in Korea...BBQ.

Anytime that you can hang with a group of people after standing amidst a crowd of people for about 5 hours and still maintain the presence of mind to know that a festival of unadulterated meat eating still needs to occur...that's just...that's just quality work with quality people

The meat fest was well deserved as it happened after battling a drunk goth girl and her boyfriend(?) who was mysteriously dressed up like a waiter for the show. I don't want to judge people, but he was wearing a strange black vest-like thing with a black tie on a white shirt. That screams "waiter" to me. However he had a BlackBerry and that just confused me.

The highlight of the show wasn't when Interpol played a rare second encore of "Untitled" or even when we poured onto the floor of MSG while the unlucky masses were kindly seated, it was when my friend Brian, after politely elbowing El Waiter to stop backing-up into him with the drunk Goth girlfriend for over 45 minutes, finally yelled out "I can't take this anymore!" flailed his hands and galloped away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?