Monday, September 3, 2007

DJ Shakes_2007-09-03 (eclectic)

http://hbshakes.blogspot.com
theme: eclectic

Back to being eclectic...Lots of different things here, but the one thing to note is that the final two lines from my mini poem are taken from Common "The Light"..which is an appropriate intro I think to my first song on the show, which is the last track on Common's new album.

T R A C K L I S T I N G (approx 58min)

[0:00] Intro - It's meeeee...wait am I rhyming?
[0:19] Common - Forever Begins
[3:45] Ben E. King - Stand By Me
[4:49] Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls
[6:31] Moby - Inside
[9:08] Massive Attack - Tear Drop
[12:51] M.I.A. - Bamboo Banga
[17:28] Midival Punditz - Raanjhan (Son Kite Mix)
[22:39] Oakenfold & Pharrel - Sex N' Money (Benassi mix) Vs. Tom Novy & Lima - Take it
[28:06] PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
[31:45] Pink Floyd - Take It Back
[34:26] Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby
[37:06] The Arcade Fire - Antichrist Television Blues
[41:56] The Enemy - Away From Here
[44:30] Calvin Harris - Acceptable In The 80's
[49:32] Nitin Sawhney - Songbird (Zero-ID Remix)
[53:04] Isao Tomita - Suite Berganasque, Claire De Lune No. 3
[54:00] Air -Run


DIRECTIONS: Right mouse click on the tracklisting above to save the entire mix (mp3) directly or Podcast Me! Simply drag the orange podcast icon on the top left of this page into your iTunes. Or:

1. goto iTunes
2. click on Advanced
3. click on Subscribe to Podcast:
4. paste this URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/EngineEngine9

If the link doesn't work, just message me and I'll upload the file again.

[click HERE for the top of the blog]

3 comments:

Alice said...

Hello, Desi Friend, it's been a while. I thoroughly enjoyed the U2 mix, being an ardent fan. This eclectic mix is quite good as well, despite your extremely misguided decision to use Sean Kingston's horrific Beautiful Girls. Ugh. Woo hoo on classic Moby, PM Dawn, Pink Floyd, and Beach Boys. Also excellente choices were Arcade Fire and the Claire De Lune track. But really, the whole thing is pretty damn good.

Shakes said...

dudette/ trade buddy you rock. thanks for thoroughly listening to my mixes =)

Blogger said...

Sprinter - DarKz (170BPM)