Friday, June 15, 2007

my Top 5 videos

My research of MTV2 has shown that if you are a half-rate music star you can earn the right to have one of two things:
1) be profiled on "Cribs"
2) choose your top videos for some hour-long show

While my apartment is hardly Cribs-worthy...although have you noticed that that homes they show are becoming less and less glamorous? I mean there's a limit to how choice sleek video editing can make your plasma TV in an unfurnished home in the valley showing "Scarface" (a prerequisite)....I certainly think I'm eligible for a showing my top videos.

But sadly I'm not gonna get picked by network executives to make a special anytime soon. I hate it when The Man brings me down. Well I guess I have my blog instead. Anyhoo, these are my top 5 videos (in no particular order). The general idea is that both the video and song have to be pretty cool...

1. Lauryn Hill, "Everything is Everything" - Dude the city is spinning like a fuckin' record. Neeed I say more. Oh yeah the song is dope too.

2. Beastie Boys, "Root Down" - This is like a NYC tribute. Any video that shows old Knicks highlights, breakdancing, and the view from a subway train is a winner in my books.

3. U2, "All I Want Is You" - You didn't think I'd leave my favorite group U2 out of this, did you? I can listen to this song forever and ever, and you should too. Midgets, heartbreak, and death...what more do you want in a video?

4. Radiohead, "Street Spirit" - It took me a long time to figure out how the hell they made this video...and once I did I decided that instead of trying to recreate it with a home video camera, I'd just spend my time looking at my mirror doing my best Thom Yorke impression (it involves sticking my ears out with my fingers and closing one eye)

5. Bombay Vikings, "Kya Soorat" - This song is so cheesey it's unbearably good.


Runner ups... Prodigy "Smack My Bitch Up", Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give It Away", Ghostface Killah "Daytona 500", Bally Sagoo "Chura Liya"

No comments: