Monday, May 28, 2007

DJ Shakes_2007-05-28 (eclectic)

http://hbshakes.blogspot.com
theme: eclectic

Well, it's summer and I wanted to mix. So I did. I sorta played whatever I felt like and for the first time in a while it was relaxing to play music that I wanted to hear versus worrying about whether other people will like it or that it had to be a definitive mix on a certain genre or theme...

T R A C K L I S T I N G (approx 61min)

[0:00] Intro - Me
[0:55] Nas - Nas is Like
[4:09] Common - Invocation
[6:14] Brother Ali - Lookin' At Me Sideways
[8:53] Mika - Love Today
[12:41] INXS - Suicide Blonde
[15:08] The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
[18:57] Arcade Fire - Keep The Car Running
[22:00] Smashing Pumpkins - Untitled
[24:32] Sufjan Stevens - Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Highland, IL
[26:34] Bebel Gilberto - Momento
[30:38] Nancy Sinatra - You Only Live Twice
[32:20] Robbie Williams - Millenium
[34:04] Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The Hotstepper
[36:47] Bollywood: Aap Jaisa Koi from "Qurbani"
[40:17] Royksopp - What Else Is There?
[42:50] Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel [45:04] Garbage - Vow
[48:37] Oasis - Whatever
[50:58] Snoop/Boogie Pimps/Young MC - Who Am I (What's My Name)/The Music In Me/Know How
[54:10] A Guy Called Gerald/Mylo - Voodoo Ray/Drop The Pressure
[56:25] The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
[57:30] Connie - Funky Little Beat

...The mix moves from hip hop to pop to 80s to indie to alternative to folk to bossa nova to oldies to dance hall to Bollywood.....and that's just the first 30 minutes, so I hope you enjoy it. I had to add "Summer In the City" because it is summer in the city right now. And by the way if you don't know "Aap Jaisa Koi" is like of legendary proportions as far as 70s disco-Hindi songs go.

DIRECTIONS: Right mouse click on the tracklisting above to save the entire mix (mp3) directly or Podcast Me! Simply drag the orange podcast icon on the top left of this page into your iTunes. Or:

1. goto iTunes
2. click on Advanced
3. click on Subscribe to Podcast:
4. paste this URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/EngineEngine9

If the link doesn't work, just message me and I'll upload the file again.

[click HERE for the top of the blog]

2 comments:

The Grouch said...

this is one of your best mixes.

Shakes said...

dude thank you very much! i'm really happy that you liked it