Sunday, December 10, 2006

an ode to my missing chapstick


O' Chapstick Where Art Thou?


O' where O' where can my Chapstick be?
O' where O ' where could it beeee?

As a lip balm ointment
With it's fla-vored assortment
I always pick cher-ry

O' bring back, bring back, bring back my Chapstick to me, to mee
O' bring back, bring back, bring back my Chapstick to me, to mee

I lose it so often
Thus my lips can't soften
It glides on magicallly

I have never finished a whole stick
Because it gets lost faster than a falling brick*
For my lip to be healthy it's keeeey

O' bring back, bring back, bring back my Chapstick to me, to mee
O' bring back, bring back, bring back my Chapstick to me, to mee

I feel like I buy a new one ev-ery week
Only to find them months later in the sum-mer heat

Every step away from me that you take
It's like watching my heart break
But I'll replace you hap-pily

By the end of winter season
I'll need no more lip healin'
You served my faithfully

O' bring back, bring back, bring back my Chapstick to me, to mee
O' bring back, bring back, bring back my Chapstick to me, to mee


*Ok I know some idiot is going to ruin my whole poem by saying "Hey how can you say that your Chapstick gets lost faster than a falling brick, a brick merely falls due to the forces of gravity which applies equally to all objects regardless of their mass?" To you I say that you are an inconsiderate brute (or brute-ette) and honestly I couldn't think of anything to rhyme with stick that would seem applicable. There, are you happy? Does that make you feel better? Sheesh.

3 comments:

JB said...

I actually get to the end before I have to buy another one. But dont ask me something like... how many lips does it take to get to the center of a chapstick. I really dont know.. but I like cherry too.

rashmi said...

you should try the petroleum jelly. it is very good. it also doubles as eye makeup remover in case of eye makeup emergencies.

Anonymous said...

Check out Chaptastic!