Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Greatest Office Christmas Prank Ever

People often come up to me and say "Hey Shakes, you celebrate Christmas in a non-religious manner, how should I join in the festivities?" Well you've come to the right place. I think a very practical and cost-effective strategy is to take a cue from the Griswolds and decorate the roof of your house with lights that can be seen from space along with a mechanical fake deer (one with a red nose of course) on your front lawn and a miniature replica of the Nativity Scene. All of this should cost you no more than several thousands of dollars and a few man hours.

What's that you say? You seem excited by the prospects of spending so much money but you are lacking a house to do it at? This is indeed a bad sitch my friend. Have no fear my friends, have I got an idea for you...

Well the next best thing is to bring the holiday cheer to work! Impossible you say? Do you work on floor full of cubicles that reminds you more of Alcatraz than the North Pole? Are the prospects of the Grinch walking into your cube and stealing your soul more likely than Santa Clause dropping off some presents?

Well have no fear.

With a little bit of work you too can do what my brother did to a co-worker (Glenn) while he was out of the office for a week and decorate a cube in the holiday spirit...and no my brother is not the Indian dude who appears in some of the pictures below, that's someone else. All Indians don't look alike. Sheesh. That's just racist people....

STEP 1: Identify a cubicle of a co-worker and enlist the help of several people at work. Home Depot provides great construction material for the frame.










STEP 2: After assembling a frame, proceed to make a roof












STEP 3: Every good cubicle home needs a front door


















STEP 4: Decorate the cubicle house in a Christmas manner, add a chimney and presto! You have your very own Santa's workshop in the middle of your office!











STEP 5: Watch as the owner of the cubicle (Glenn) returns to work and is forced to work inside his little workshop for the past few days because he is unable to dismantle the whole thing by himself.









STEP 6: (Bonus points) Get former President and peanut farmer Jimmy Carter's seal of approval















Now I don't want to pretend that I'm the complete authority on Christmas and/or pranks, but if this isn't the greatest thing ever, I'm not sure what is.

[back to the top of the blog!]

6 comments:

Whitney said...

makes me wish I worked in an office with cubicles!
Brilliant!

The Brother said...

I am brilliant!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

so much work! i'd just tape a "kick me" paper to his back when he can't notice. :-))))

nice work, tho. ;)

Patrick Bobby said...

you sir, are the greatest hero the world has ever known.

I'm not being sarcastic. But I will rip off the idea :)

Shakes said...

hahah, thank you very much, i'd love to see your pics

Marlisa said...

WOW.. that is the coolest....
Gives me great ideas for our office....Happy Holidays!