Wednesday, November 22, 2006

i'm type-A because i like saving my meatballs

Spaghetti & meatballs can tell a lot about what kind of person you are. At this point in time some of you are probably thinking "But Shakes, I don't eat meat and hence don't eat meatballs." Well to you I say that you should probably really look in the mirror and think about whether you are a person.
action is to eat spaghetti only bites first and to cut all my meatballs in half to double the bites with some amount of meat (unless it's Chef Boyardee in which case the meatballs are too small to cut in half).

Invariably everytime I go overboard and eat too many noodles first and then don't have room for all the meatballs. So basically in the pursuit of saving joy I end up wasting it. In the hopes of giving myself something to look forward I end up having a lot less than if I just enjoyed it at the moment.

Spaghetti & meatballs is a rather good metaphor for life. I guess the obvious answer is "Why don't you just eat the meatballs first and if you need more later, just take seconds." Silly bakri chod, that answer is too simple. By doing so you end up taking the joy from others. There is only a limited amount of joy that can be had, it's a zero sum game. It's a tragic consequence to this methaphor, but certainly it must true because any thoughts to the contrary would poke holes at my thesis. We wouldn't wanna do that on the even of Thanksgiving now, would we? That would just be wrong.

No comments: