Friday, November 3, 2006

Borat & my mom

There are times in life that you get a sense that imminent danger is around the corner. For some it's the feeling that they are about to get fall into a ditch, for others it is the feeling that you're going to get hit by a snowballl thrown by a pack of wild gypsies.

In my case it's watching the Borat movie with my mom.

Every so often I get these weird impulses to cross the great divide between Parental Unit and Child. Sometimes it's telling things that you'd only tell a friend and other times it's doing thing with your parents that you wouldn't normally think about doing. But for some reason I figured that seeing the Borat movie with my mom today was a good idea. In many ways this is gonna be like watching a train wreck. As I've gotten older I've gotten more and more uncomfortable being around my parents when there is mild kissing or revealing moment in movies. I think it's just me becoming more cognizant of how odd these scenes can be.

Well I don't know everything that's in store for me, but I do know that towards the end of the movie their is a naked wrestling scene between Borat and his rather rotund director. Hooray family time.

If I come back writing in this space pleading to have a family, it's because I've been disowned.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

I don't think I could do that .. My mother did go see this yesterday, however, and e-mailed me this morning to say it was kinda funny but "really gross" .. about what I expected her to say .. that sounds right up my alley, and I'll be finding out if it meets my high expectations later today