Sunday, October 22, 2006

The 5 Days of Diwali

There's no better way of celebrating the Hindu holiday of Diwali then making up a song based on Christmas jingles. For our non-Hindu bretheren I've made ample linkos (yes I meant to say "linkos" and not just "links") to websites so you know what I'm talking about

On the First Day of Diwali my Lakshmi gave to me, one Maruti Suzuki.

On the Second Day of Diwali my Lakshmi gave to me, two boxes of pohe and one Ma-ru-ti Su-zuki.

On the Third Day of Diwali my Lakshmi gave to me, three packs of paan, two boxes of pohe, and one Ma-ru-ti Su-zuki.

On the Fourth Day of Diwali my Lakshmi gave to me, four desis praying, three packs of paan, two boxes of pohe, and one Ma-ru-ti Su-zuki.

On the Fifth Day of Diwali my Lakshmi, five sisters asking for gifts, four desis praying, three packs of paan, two boxes of pohe, and one Ma-ru-ti Su-zuki.

There, I think we all have a better appreciation for the holiday.

3 comments:

rashmi said...

merry diwali!!

Shakes said...

merry diwali to you too!

Shwetha said...

merry diwali ???

muhahah muhahahah

losers, its happy diwali

or shubh deepavali