Tuesday, September 19, 2006

DJ Shakes_2006-09-19 (west coast represent)

http://hbshakes.blogspot.com
theme: west coast represent

Okay with my 10 year high school reunion around the corner I'm getting back to my music roots and mixing west coast hippity hop. Music sounds the best in a car and I think you can't go wrong with this mix. Alright enough of me giving props to myself. Interesting sidenotes, while the Digital Underground song is goofy, most people don't know that Tupac actually got his break by beign a roadie and dancer in the group. If you ever get a chance to watch the video, you can see a young Tupac making his video debut....

T R A C K L I S T I N G (approx 69min)
[0:00] Intro - Me
[0:53] Tupac - Keep Ya Head Up
[4:08] Snoop Dogg - Gin & Juice
[7:39] Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day
[11:22] Warren G - I Want It All
[14:40] Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
[16:01] Dr. Dre - Forget About Dre
[17:09] Paul Van Dyk vs Dr. Dre - Forget About An Angel
[19:45] Too Short - Playaz Holiday (feat. Mac Mall & Ant Banks)
[24:40] NWA - Always Something
[28:07] Geto Boys - My Mind Playin' Tricks On Me
[32:44] Dr. Dre - Keep Their Heads Ringing
[36:58] Nate Dogg & Warren G - Regulate
[39:40] Tupac - How Do You Want It?
[43:47] Pharcyde - Passing Me By
[46:15] Jurassic 5 - Jayou
[48:52] Xzibit - Bitch Please (feat. Snoop)
[52:45] Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - The Crossroads
[56:16] The Game - Westside Story
[59:57] N2Deep - Back To The Hotel
[64:33] Notorious BIG - Goin' Back To Cali


Okay so the Biggie song at the end isn't really by someone from the west coast, but it's about caliente Cali, and that's all that counts...

DIRECTIONS: Right mouse click on the tracklisting above to save the entire mix (mp3) directly or Podcast Me! Simply drag the orange podcast icon on the top left of this page into your iTunes. Or:
  1. goto iTunes
  2. click on Advanced
  3. click on Subscribe to Podcast:
  4. paste this URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/EngineEngine9

No comments: