Monday, August 28, 2006

DJ Shakes_2006-08-29 (Going Into Labor Music)

http://hbshakes.blogspot.com
theme: Going Into Labor Music

Okay so this one is a bit weird, I was set to make a mix of west coast hippity hop when my friend Scott called and requested that I make a mix for him and his wife Alex to listen to as she delivers a baby. This is a bit scary because I have no idea what kinda music one would wanna listen to during such a time. Also since I've never been pregnant myself I'm not really sure what I would want to listen to. Well in any case I was sorta conflicted between songs that just made me happy versus things with a bit more of a beat to versus things I thought you'd like Scotty...and at some point it seemed like everyone would wanna hear Ol' Dirty Bastard while they're going into labor. I mean he had 12 kids, so he can be inspirational from that perspective.

Well the end result is my muddled mixture. I was thinking about redoing it but there's something nice I think about not overthinking some things in life and just letting them be.... usually that's the best thing anyways. Hope you like it Scotty & Alex

TRACKLISTING (approx 60 min)
[0:00] Intro - Me
[1:55] Dianogah - Emerson
[3:11] The Doors - Break On Through
[5:31] U2 - Everlasting Love
[8:40] Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out
[12:49] John Lennon - Instant Karma
[15:53] Debarge - Rhythm of the Night
[19:27] Dane Cook - My Son Optimus Prime
[21:19] Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up
[25:02] Wham - Freedom
[29:50] Busta Ryhmes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See
[32:48] Ol' Dirty Bastard - Shimy Shimy
[35:25] INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
[38:07] Level 42 - Something About You
[41:36] Sam Cooke - You Send Me
[44:15] Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
[47:22] Ray Charles - You're My Sunshine
[50:15] The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
[52:45] Beach Boys - God Only Knows
[55:28] Lauryn Hill - Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You


DIRECTIONS: Right mouse click on the tracklisting above to save the entire mix (mp3) directly or Podcast Me! Simply drag the orange podcast icon on the top left of this page into your iTunes. Or:
  1. goto iTunes
  2. click on Advanced
  3. click on Subscribe to Podcast:
  4. paste this URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/EngineEngine9

1 comment:

Scott - the Lucky Dad said...

I know I left a message, but I can't stop listening to the mix and dancing with my Baby! thanks so much Uncle Shekhar. You rock. Love you bunches, Scott