Sunday, June 4, 2006

DJ Shakes_2006-06-04 (rainy day)

http://hbshakes.blogspot.com
theme: Rainy Day

We're back for another week! Okay I was going to play something a bit more upbeat but the fact that it's been raining all weekend made me do this rainy day mix. I dedicate this mix to all the poor Indian kids who are going to be forced by their parents to compete in next year's spelling bee and spend like 10+ hours a day learning irrelevant words.

T R A C K L I S T I N G
(approx time 67:44)
[0:00] Intro - Shakes
[1:17] Intropol - Untitled
[5:06] U2 - Acrobat
[9:08] Keren Ann - Greatest You Can Find
[13:13] Nick Drake - Pink Moon
[15:04] DJ Shadow - Midnight In A Perfect World
[19:40] Moby - In My Heart
[23:38] Talvin Singh - It's Not Over
[28:40] Bloc Party - So Here We Are
[32:19] Vast - Don't Take Your Love Away
[37:08] The Shins - Weird Divide
[38:58] Wilco - I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
[42:55] Amon Tobin - Deo
[48:11] (Indian) Pakeezah - Chalte
[52:07] (Indian) 1942 A Love Story - Ek Ladki Ko Dekha
[56:15] Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)
[60:25] Talvin Singh - Soni
[64:05] Outro - Me & the spelling bee.
[64:45] (happy happy joy joy song) Gnarls Barkley - Crazy


Hopefully this wasn't too depressing. On a sidenote I think the award for the most random lyrics in this mix goes to Wilco, who open up their song with the line "I am an American aquarium drinker."

DIRECTIONS: Right mouse click on the tracklisting above to save the entire mix (mp3) directly or Podcast Me! Simply drag the orange podcast icon on the top left of this page into your iTunes. Or:
  1. goto iTunes
  2. click on Advanced
  3. click on Subscribe to Podcast:
  4. paste this URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/EngineEngine9

1 comment:

witnee said...

bravo on the mix! I listened to it on my way to work today and it def. kept me feeling chill. Really good transitions too!