Tuesday, May 9, 2006

who are the liars: Puerto Ricans or the National Park Service?

In my last happy happy joy joy post, I mentioned my trip to the Puerto Rican National Forest, which is purported to be the only natural rainforest in the United States. However an anonymous commenter pointed out that the US National Park Service (NPS) website maintains that there is in fact a rainforest in Washington State (click HERE to see).

There seems to be an inconsistency here.

This existence of a Washington rainforest would slightly dampen, no pun intended, the uniqueness of the PR rainforest. As such, I felt it was my duty to email the NPS to clarify and ask them if the Puerto Ricans are a bunch of liars or not. For the sake of entertainment I embellished some of the comments our Puerto Rican tourguides made to help add fuel to the fire... namely, I added that they directly dissed this alleged Washinton rainforest. Also there is nothing funnier that liberally throwing around the word "liar" to strangers. My email is as follows:
Dear NPS,
I recently visited Puerto Rico's rainforests and they said that they are the only natural rainforest in all of America in National Park System. We specifically asked them about the "rainforests" in Washington State, which your website also labels as also being a rainforest. The park ranger in Puerto Rico said those are not "real" rainforest and that this fact is "well documented." I am confused, are the Puerto Ricans liars or is your website wrong?
Thank you in advance,
-Shakes
The snapshot of the email is below to assure you of the fact that I'm not making this all up. This issue is of dire importance and if Yogi Bear, Park Ranger Smith or any other reputed forest ranger needs to get involved, so be it. I shall await to see their response.

Just to ensure that we get some sort of response, I've also posted this question up as a comment on the US Postal Service blog which so kindly took over my blog several moons back. ("the US Postal Service hijacked my blog," 4/21/06).

12 comments:

Triskadelphia said...

hahahaha! you totally posted on the usps blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»