Sunday, May 21, 2006

my transformation back to decency

As my 30 days of freedom draws to a close, it marks the return of shaving into my daily routine. Since it takes me a long time to grow anything vaguely approximating a beard, this is the last time for a while that I'd have the opportunity to grow one. As such I felt that I should shave it off in all sorts of goofy styles during this ceremonious Gillette moment to see how I would look. So with that, I invite you to come along and witness this magical transformation! ...come on, don't be scared!

STAGE 1: NO SHAVING. This is of course how our hero (me) started off the day. I hadn't shaved for a week. Notice the circular patch where my dimples are. For some reason stubble doesn't grow there...God knows why...and hence it's a subject of ridicule amongst my family.




STAGE 2: GOATEE. Hey look it's a SIG (Shady Indian Guy)... no, no, don't be scared, it's just me! Shot! I gave myself a goatee and now I can be easily mistaken for a SIG... or maybe just Bally Sagoo. All that's missing is a completely black wardrobe and an "Om" tattoo on my bicep. For those of you who think that my look is very convincing and that I really am a SIG, I'll answer you question with another question, "would a real SIG be watching hockey?" (you can see the screen over my ear)


STAGE 3: THUG LIFE. What a hero pose this one turned out to be! By shaving off the botttom part of my goatee I look like a pure thug... Please note of course the gold chain, and 2 beaded necklaces. This only adds to my street cred of course... plus now I look like U2's The Edge circa 1997. The slightly scary thing is that I soooorttaaa like this look.



STAGE 4: SUPERMAN. I've fully shaved and a haircut has been obtained. I now look quite good again. Quiiiiite.







STAGE 5: CLARK KENT. The glasses are back...oh they're back. Conversely many of you mean people out there maybe thinking that I look quite nerdy and am thinking in my head "Hello there, I love math and solving Soduko puzzles for pleasure."

9 comments:

Triskadelphia said...

Man. In all the stages except #3 you look hella ethnic. Something about a white V-neck and a handlebar that shouts: "Which way to Wal*Mart?"

witnee said...

I like thug shakes the best. He will be missed.

Triskadelphia said...

PS: You're now 30 days behind on your Halloween costume.

Shakes said...

with regards to pic #3 is funny how a cool looking indian person is just a brown redneck look...

Anonymous said...

Goatee and Thug are hot! I'd tap those guys.

rashmi said...

i like clark kent. quite a dashing look.

culturedrone said...

of course you're adorable in all of these shots, but your best look is near the end...no facial hair and sans glasses.

culturedrone said...

totally

Shakes said...

why is it always the anonymous people who say they'd tap me? hmph. thanks to all of you who weighed in on whether i looked good or not.