Wednesday, May 3, 2006

DJ Shakes_2006-05-03 (eclectic)

http://hbshakes.blogspot.com
theme: whatever I feel like, gosh.

T R A C K L I S T I N G
  1. Intro - Shake'n'Bake
  2. Enya - Orinoco Flow
  3. Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
  4. Lemon Jelly - '75 AKA Stay With You
  5. Beck - Earthquake Weather
  6. Chris Isaak - Somebody's Crying
  7. Michael Jackson - Break Of Dawn
  8. Comedic Interlude: Dane Cook - Someone Shit On The Coats
  9. Fischerspooner - Emerge
  10. Etta James - A Sunday Kind Of Love
  11. Keyshia Cole - Love
  12. Beastie Boys - Song For Junior
  13. Patti Jo - Make Me Believe In You (this is a 1975 funk gem!)
  14. Rihanna - If It's Lovin' That You Want
  15. The Cars - Drive
  16. New Order - Temptation
  17. Alicia Keys - If I Was Your Woman
  18. PM Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
This is a pretty random mix from 70's funk to hip hop, electroclash to standup comedy. There's even a Michael Jackson song which I'm sure you haven't heard before that's relatively new and is pretty good I think. In any case a song which stands out for me is Etta James's "A Sunday Kind Of Love" from 1961. I thought it would be a cool change of pace from the synthesizer laden Fischerspooner. If the song sounds familiar, it's also been recently used in some Dockers commercials. Also one of the most underrated pieces of work are Beastie Boys instrumentals. They're too good and thus I put on "Song for Junior" from their album Hello Nasty.

Remember, Keep It Gully.

DIRECTIONS: Right mouse click on the tracklisting above to save the entire mix (mp3) directly or Podcast Me! Simply drag the orange podcast icon on the top left of this page into your iTunes. Or:
  1. goto iTunes
  2. click on Advanced
  3. click on Subscribe to Podcast:
  4. paste this URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/EngineEngine9

No comments: