Thursday, May 11, 2006

Devils hockey & the joys of being brown

I don't want to make my blog be a series of posts stating what I ate for dinner or what I watched on TV, because that would make for a boring read. It's bad for my ratings and plus it alienates our audience in Dubai. But, that being said, I have to mention that my sports bonanza continued today, as I just got back from Game 3 of the NJ Devils/Carolina Hurricanes series.

The Devils played a listless game and lost 3-2, to be down in the series best of seven series, 3-0. I've been to the Continental Airlines Arena (the Devils home) a few times and it must be stated that it's one of the worst in the league and plays some of the worst music during breaks.

Tonight ended on a shitty note because as I was driving out of the mess of cars pulling out of the parking lot a guy next to me rolled down the passenger window and started making angry monkey noises at me. For those of you who can't figure out why he would make such noises, lemme give you a hint, it wasn't because he saw that my license plate holder professes my love for another hockey team.

Sometimes it sucks to be brown.
_

13 comments:

arati said...

Go Canes!

Triskadelphia said...

Does that retarded behavior even make a dent in a Desi's mood? You should start singing opera or talking law or something prototypical of whitey (shopping at WalMart?).

When are we going to watch a hockey game you lovely, coffee-skinned beauty?

Shakes said...

ooh la la, no one has ever called me a beauty before. as far as retarded behavior you bring up a good point... it does make a slight dent, but not for too long. he can have his WalMart, I'll take my Patel Brothers grocery anyday.

As far as hockey, i think it's gonna get hard seeing that we're halfway through the playoffs and all the local teams are about to be ousted. hmph.

boo Canes.

witnee said...

I like the chocolate face :)

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»