Saturday, April 15, 2006

VW Bugs & the solo life (aka random musings)


(editor's note: the following post is not funny and has potentially personal thoughts akin to one's diary)

There are lots of ways to know that you are alone in life, and one odd way is spotting a Volkswagon Bug and having no one to say "punch bug, no punch-backs" to. For those of you who know about this kid's game I'll admit it's not something a person closing in on their 30's thinks about regulary, but for me it's something I think about.

I spotted this Bug while going to a birthday shindig in the East Village. For those of you out there who are concerned about my safety, don't worry I wore the proper East Village attire...Pumas & a track jacket (also Puma) ... and was able to blend in easily with the local hipsters.

4 comments:

arati said...

So what is the game? When you see a Bug, you punch someone and say that?

Shakes said...

yeah pretty much...it doesn't really get much more complicated than that...

Osmar Chohfi said...

i always have and always will beat the slap out of you at this game

Shakes said...

you shut up when you talk to me. you only "win" because you start hitting me whenever you see any random car, not just VW Bugs.