Friday, April 14, 2006

"If the rain comes, they run and hide their heads..."

(picture from my living room window this afternoon)

"...They might as well be dead
If the rain comes
If the rain comes

When the sun shines
they slip into the shade
and sip their lemonade
When the sun shines
When the sun shines

Rain, I don't mind
Shine, the weather's fine

I can show you
that when it starts to rain
everything's the same
I can show you
I can show you

Rain, I don't mind
Shine, the weather's fine

Can you hear me
that when it rains and shines
it's just a state of mind
Can you hear me
Can you hear me"

("Rain," Beatles. 1966)

3 comments:

culturedrone said...

hey shakes
this is such a cool blog. i've been stopping back here periodically since discovering it a week or so ago. i just wanted to tell you that your humor is divine and your taste in music rocks. i guess i really should have gone to the PO today too--apparently i owe the feds 14 additional dollars. that's quite irritating. quiiite f*cking irritating!

Shakes said...

aww, thank you very much. that really means a lot to me. hopefully you keep on checking back in. and you added "quite" to your personal lexicon! too good. as for the post office, it's quite a tatti scene. quiiiite.

Yam said...

awesome picture!