Monday, April 3, 2006

The End of the Rani Karnik Saga

Okay, so here's one I've been meaning to post up for a while but never got around to it... Some people have been asking whatever happened in the whole Rani Karnik saga that I reported on in my blog infancy. Rani, as you'll recall, appeared on American Idol and in a weird twist of fate I had thrown away her college acceptance letter 10 years earlier when it had gotten accidentally mailed to me (the wrong Karnik!). If you want to review the whole episode, just click HERE. ("Me, American Idol, and the U. of Chicago")

Anyhoo as you'll notice on the comments section from the old posting she actually spotted my blog. I had no idea how she found it, but then it became clear that if she Googled her own name (is that considered vain even though we've all done it?) my lovely bloggo appears. In her comment she included her email addy, so we actually exchanged an email or two. To my relief my trashing of her acceptance letter did not affect her choice of undergrad education. Luckily the kind & noble people from the University of Chicago mailed her another letter.

Anyhoo everything was pleasant and she seemed quite nice... BUT if you really want a shock check out her MySpace account, the Friendster account is far less scandelous... not that I'm a stalker or anything. no no no ...

7 comments:

witnee said...

you say "its not like i'm a stalker or anything" like thats a bad thing!

Shwetha said...

mr. stalker.... but whats her MySpace account ?

oops i just realised... "your account"... read very slowly in diff accents.... lol... did u get it ...

Shwetha

seeks said...

that was quite the myspace visit, shakes. i was laughin' quite a bit to think about this entire 'chapter' in your life ending with a page like that. hehe.

Shakes said...

ok Shweta so i saw your "your account" comment and i was thinking "what the hell is she talking about?"

...but then i started saying it aloud slowly....oh my! where is your mind young lady?! in the gutter? are you a young lady? how did you find me? more importantly this made me laugh aloud at work when i realized what it sounded like

Shwetha said...

smart ! smart ! sowwie for the cheap humour, but most importantly it made u laugh.....

no my mind is not in the gutter - it just popped in my mind when i was reading u go on about the MySpace account..

but nonetheless, mista shakes , i like ur music

Have a gd one.....

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!