Friday, April 14, 2006

Dope Ass Good Friday

Good Friday has done me well over the last few years especially since I get the day off. I don't get Hindu holidays off so I relish everyone else's that are Federally recognized.

That being said it's also tax season, which means I have to make my annual trip to the post office. Now I'm a reasonable human being who has been able to conduct multiple successful transactions of commerce in the past. In fact I'm also a college graduate. Which means my brain is certified to be all good. But why do I feel like an idiot every time I goto the post office?

I'd like to imagine that I'm not alone, but it's like everytime I walk through their doors I became Lame Boy. I start to panic over Certified Mail vs. Registered Mail...which line I should stand in... and where to stick the labels. Moreover I feel like every time I ask someone a question I'm not able to understand anything.

(editor's note: have you noticed that sometimes you open conversations with random noises that sound like words jumbled together and you're hoping that your tone of voice and the context of the situation will be lucid to all?....case and point, read below)
Me: "Um-scuseme, where do I stick these labels on my envelope?"
Postal Person: "Just peel it off back and stick it up top with the bar code showing on the one side"
Me: "Great, ok!"
Me: (internal monologue): "Wait which side do I stick it on? Shits! Shit and none of these pens here work! Where are the pens? This pen just bled all over my hand! Peeennnns. Bakri chooooods"
Now maybe I'm making a big deal out of a small thing, but I would be shocked if you could claim that you feel perfectly comfortable about all the products and services offered by your local post office. At this point someone in Southeast Asia is going to comment that in Singapore everything is automated and that there are no unhelpful postal workers because the government penalty is death, along with chewing gum.

Well so be it. Konichiwa bitches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Work Spouse" here. Dude, today is not a federal holiday and I am definitely at work. You're such a truant.

Shwetha said...

Japan is not part of "South East Asia "
F.Y.I.

Shakes said...

wait I never said it was....I just threw in the "Konichiwa" part randomly... oh fo

Bob Brynteson said...

Certified Mail just got easier

A new Certified Mail Envelope with Electronic Return Receipt can now save you the trip to the Post Office and save you money as well.

Certified Mail Envelopes are approved by USPS and allow you to easily address your letter or mail list from their web site. USPS Certified Mail bar codes are printed to your local printer and you simply insert the address insert page into their special window envelope with your other documents affix postage and mail.

The process simplifies addressing and mailing and will save postage as well. The new-patented envelope includes Electronic Return Receipt with in-route tracking of your letter's delivery process. The new electronic return receipt will also save you $.30 cents postage on each letter mailed.

Say goodbye to that old-fashioned snail mail green card, the new Electronic Return Receipt is printed when needed from your computer directly to your printer on demand when you need it. This eliminates the back-office costs of administrating the filing of all those little Green Cards.

If you send USPS Certified Mail, life may have just gotten a bit easier by using Certified Mail Envelopes with Electronic Return Receipt, skip the trip to to the Post Office save time and money as well. Learn more by visiting their web site at www.CertifiedMailEnvelopes.com.