Friday, April 21, 2006

Day 3: me, my bed, and you...um it's not as sketchy as it sounds

A common question people ask me on the street is, "Shekhar, can you show me a picture of what it looks like when you stare at your ceiling at night?" This is an odd request, especially if you consider the fact that random strangers seem to know my name and pronounce it pretty darn close to correct (shekhar like a salt-shaker...if you wanted to be full out 100% desi correct, you'd stress the "khar" part a tad more, but only my mom and aunts do that).

Well wish no further, this is what I look at. You can see the effect of the light peeping through the blinds and making parallel lines on my ceiling. Of course if you wanted the full experience you'd have to also assume that there is the melodic sound of snoring in the background.

This observation by itself is not really noteworthy, and if I were you, the reader at home, I would want my money back. After all, you've already invested 3 paragraphs of reading into this post, albeit abridged ones, and if this bakri chod is just gonna wax poetic about his ceiling I'll just go back to looking at Rani Karnik's Friendster account that you referred to in one of your postings a while back.

But it never ceases to amaze me that something this unremarkable can turn into the scene below every morning. The building in the center is of course the Empire State. Top that USPS...











Okay, okay, if this whole post is too touchy feely for you, why don't you check this video out to see who would win in a battle of Gujus versus Punjabis. This is f'in hilarious, especially if you wait to see the special moves ala Mortal Kombat and the references to the Ramayan.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you mean "it never ceases to amaze me."

Shakes said...

fixed! gracias anonymous reader.

Shwetha said...

okay the guju vs punjabi video is absolute 'tatti'. I mean dude.... come on.... +3.669 on the TDF for Mr. Shakes. 95 % conf, mean range TDF = 35.0

trend projection w/0 drift parameter = 38.5

Shakes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shakes said...

shot, quite a bit of statistics shweta. what are yours? hmmm...

Anonymous said...

why dont u come down to the 6th floor Mr. Chase and see for ur self

Shakes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shakes said...

oh you can give a better hint than that...