Sunday, March 5, 2006

DJ Shakes_2006-03-05

http://hbshakes.blogspot.com

Holla at your boy! It's the 5th mix. This mix is all hip-hop, some new some old.

T R A C K L I S T I N G

1. Intro - Shekhar's only claim to fame
2. Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Straighten It Out
3. Lil Brother - Lovin' It
4. Denizen Kane - Another Life
5. k-os - The Love Song
6. 9th Wonder & Buckshot - He's Back
7. Common - 6th Sense
8. Blackstar - Brown Skin Lady
9. The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go?
10. The Streets - Turn The Page
11. Lou Reed - Walk On The Wild Side
12. Tribe Called Quest - Can I Kick It?
13. Brand Nubien - Concerto In X Minor
14. Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But A "G" Thing
15. Jarnail vs. Dr. Dre - Nachna
16. k-os - Man I Used To Be
17. Mary J. Blige & Lauryn Hill - All That I Can Say
18. DeBarge - All This Love
19. AZ - Problems
20. MF Doom & Talib Kweli - Old School
21. Denizen Kane - Killa Killa


My shameless plug of the day is that the artist Denizen Kane is my friend from school, Dennis, who just released a new solo which is great (you can get it on Amazon). I put two of his new songs on the mix, one at the beginning the other at the end. I don't profess to have any artistic skills so I just live vicariously through those that I know who do. As far as hidden gems I love song #17, the Mary J Blige/Lauryn Hill song "All That I Can Say" it's just a slow roller I think, if get my drift... it just sorta builds up momentum and the walking bass line is to die for. Other things to die for include Chicago deep dish pizza and cherry coke.

Meanwhile thank you everyone for your support in listening. I know have a fanbase of 35 people strong who download and/or subscribe to my mixes. So thanks for listening, I appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to request a mix that would be good to work out to...ya know, get us all off our lazy asses..
well i speak for myself atleast. Something motivating and energizing! And maybe you could pipe in once in awhile with inspiring words, 'feel the burn!' or "i like big butts and I can not lie, but you could work on your thighs.."
just a suggestion :)

Whitney