Saturday, February 18, 2006

Goin' goin', back to back, to Cali Cali


I'm back home for the first time since Thanksgiving and anyone who thinks that Orange County isn't the greatest place on earth, I beg to differ. The picture on the right was taken while landing last night. Although I brought with me cold weather and some rain it still beats any day in NY. The best part is coming home to watch the local news and their on going coverage of StormWatch 2006...because the temperature had actually dropped below 40 and there was the threat of frost developing. I kid you not.

On a sidenote my flight from Newark (or as it's called in certain quarters, The Pearl City) to Orange County took a massive 7hrs and 20min because of heavy winds. Let me just say that sitting in a plane is right up there with taking a shower as far as giving your brain almost too much time to think about everything in your life. By the time my lobster dinner came out (yes I said lobster... the only seat available was in First Class, as Ferris Buellar would say if you have the means I hiiighly recommend it) I had thought that I was heading everywhere from a personal meltdown-to everything is okay in like- back again. That being said I also took full advantage of the fact that I was in first class by having the servant people (aka flight attendants) make me a caramel-vanilla ice cream sundae. With a cherry. I do not like cherries, although I like cherry flavored things (preferably artificial flavoring). I enjoy Cherry Coke quite a bit as a matter of fact. If you want to know the way through this man's heart, it isn't through food but rather through a straw. I asked for the cherry purely for aesthetics.

Today's agenda: Obtain the holy grail of all fast foods, In-N-Out burgers.

No comments: