Saturday, February 25, 2006

DJ Shakes_2006-02-25

hbshakes.blogspot.com

It's a 90's dance party! Podcast #4

1. Intro - Shekhar talks, people listen
2. Nightcrawlers - Push The Feeling On
3. Sound Factory - Understand This Groove
4. Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy (Artful Dodger Remix)
5. SWV - Right Here
6. Planet Soul - I Feel The Music
7. James Brown - I Got That Feeling
8. LA Style - James Brown Is Dead
9. The Real McCoy - Runaway
10. Shaggy - O Carolina
11. Dee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
12. Freestylers - Party's Just Begun
13. Mighty Dub Kats - Magic Carpet Ride
14. Ruffnecks - Everybody Be Somebody
15. The Outhere Brothers - Boom Boom Boom
16. Company B - Fascinated
17. Angelina - Release Me
18. Ace of Base - It's A Beautiful Life
19. Snow - Informer
20. Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
21. Bowie & Queen - Under Pressue
22. Haddaway - What Is Love
23. Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
24. Snap - Rhythm Is A Dancer
25. Robin S - Show Me Love
26. Ann Lee - 2 Times
27. The Prodigy - Fire
28. Smart E's - Sesame's Treat


Okay I'm going to mix some good hip-hop next week but I wanted something a bit more playful this week. So hence the 90's pop/freestyle/house/dance party! All the cheese YOU need. So hopefully this should be of a bit of a trip down memory lane. And don't worry I even talk more too! You'll see I pack 27 songs in a little over an hour so I tried to keep everything short and sweet for the most part, so if you hit a song you really can't stand you won't have to put up with it for too long. The only real exceptions to the theme is James Brown's "I Got That Feeling" which I wanted to use as a intro into LA Style's classic "James Brown Is Dead." If the James Brown song sounds famliar, you'll remember it was also used on the Cosby Show for one of the song routines the kids sang for their grandparents. (they also sang a Ray Charles number the year before). Also when I put in Vanilla Ice for "Ice Ice Baby" I couldn't resist putting in Queen where the original riff for the song basically comes (there is a very slight nuanced difference, but c'mon, we all know Vanilla Ice stole it) because the song is just brilliant.

I hope you enjoy it. It made me real happy to make it, hopefully it makes you smile too.

No comments: